Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Thrift Bread Store ROCKS!

I'd always heard and read about thrift/day old bread stores and how great they are. However, the only one even close to my last hometown was 40 miles away. Here, they're everywhere, and I just got two loaves of whole wheat super good for you bread for 2 bucks. Can't beat that! Except possibly by making your own.

I do bake bread, but I notice we eat it a lot faster when I bake it because it is so good- not a great thing for our waistline or our wallet. So cheers to you, thifty bakery. I'm glad I finally got to experience your wonder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I live at the bread thrift store! Donuts and bread and cinnamon rolls and tortillas and chips and dinner rolls and fruit snacks and ...

Oh yeah, not very frugal if I do it that way, is it?

Kathryn said...

We get our bread there too. 99 cents a loaf for the good Cobblestone Mill bread. They are almost 3 dollars a loaf at Walmart. This bread is usually not even past pull date. I get 6 or 7 loaves at a time and put them in the freezer. The store is very conveniently located, but the close at 6--the time I get off from work. I'll be back to visit your site--I like what I see. (I surfed over from Merchant Ships.)