Here's what we ate out of our pantry today.
Breakfast:
Cream of wheat (guessing about .10 cents worth)
Hot tea (we use one tea bag in a whole pot. The kind we got was 99 cents for 100 bags, so this cost about 1 cent)
Total breakfast: .11 cents
Lunch:
My husband takes his lunch. It's always leftovers or a sandwich he makes from our supply of thrift store bread and sale meats. For calculation purposes, I'm going to go wild and say his lunch cost 3 dollars, but this is a pretty high figure.
I ate hot wings made with the chicken stock wings. (See below). It was a little less than a pound, so it cost about $1.00
I dipped them in 2 tablespoons of 99 cent a bottle bleu cheese dressing. I used about .06 cents worth.
Total lunch: 4.06
Dinner:
We're having Creamy Corn with Cumin soup for supper tonight. It is a good use of some of the .28 cent cans of corn I got when I hit the motherlode last month. I left out the cilantro. Instead of chips, we're having hot homemade bread. The soup cost about .50 cents to make, not including the chicken stock that I made. The cost of the stock is calculated in my lunch above. I used wings that I bought on sale, then ate the wings for lunch. Usually I'd use bones to make stock, but I did not have bones, I had wings.
I am currently making Cuban Water Bread. Very yummy with soup. Since I got most the ingredients inexpensively, one loaf is costing about .40 cents.
Total Dinner: .90 cents, and there are going to be leftovers!
Total for the day: 5.07 for two people and leftovers. Go pantry principle!
1 comment:
That water bread looks pretty much like the cuban bread I make out of the TWG. Except instead of brushing it with water you just put a pan of warm water under the bread in the oven.
I also cut and X in the top of the bread after I put the seeds on-makes it look like a classy expensive loaf of artisian bread from the bakery!
Post a Comment