It's been dreary and rainy the past few days. Bah. I hate it when it's just blah for days on end. On the plus side, it's perfect soup weather! Here's one of my favorites, from The Tightwad Gazette.
Tuna Cheddar Chowder
2 carrots, shredded
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 6 1/2 oz can of tuna fish, drained and flaked
1/2 teaspoon celery seed (I often leave this out)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t salt
1 cup cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, saute the carrots and onions in the butter until onion is transparent. Mix in the flour. Add the chicken broth and milk. Heat and stir constantly until thick and bubbling. Add the tuna, celery seed, whoreestershire sauce, and salt. Heat through. Add the cheese and stir until it melts. Serves four.
I'm serving it with french bread and canned pears for dessert. Yummy!
3 comments:
I've made this before it's delicious!
Thanks for the reminder.
wow- I have all the ingrediants (including the blah weather); I'll try it out tonight.
Thanks for this post. I was wondering how that deal was going to "work" out. And now I know that it is a really good deal. Thanks for the tip and the recipe. Always looking for ways to use up Tuna Fish.
Post a Comment