Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sewing Machine!

I picked up this sewing machine last weekend on sale, and have just now had time to work with it. I'd forgotten how much nicer machine sewing is compared to hand sewing! It's been awhile since I've made anything, but I have some Goodwill fabric to practice on. I'm very excited!

8 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Good luck with your new machine! It's really beautiful.

Now that you have it, try looking up some free patterns on line, too!

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

Yeah! It looks great. I haven't sewn much in the last few years-I need to get back into it. I have to line my drapes before next winter :) Ya think I'll get around to it in the next 9 months or so???

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Aww, thanks! I'm very excited. I have not had access to a sewing machine in years. I need to make some repairs to some clothes, and then I'm going to make an apron out of some fabric I got. I love aprons, and for me, they're frugal!

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

I have some fabric I've been wanting to make into aprons too. actually, it is a fabric shower curtain I bought quite a while ago-red checked. I figure I can make one for me and for each of the kids out of the yardage (they both like to "help" me cook) I can make DD5 a frilly one and DS 2 1/2 a more staid chef style. We'll both have to post pictures when we are done.

Kayla said...

It's amazing what little it takes to make us homemakers happy. I got a new machine for CHRISTmas year before last and it has paid for itself already. Hope to see some of your creations soon!

Fishie said...

Color me jealous. I have had a sewing machine since I was in high school, and yet I don't have the sewing gene. Grandma used to sew like a maniac, but Mom rebelled and so I never had all that passed down. I'll have to go to actual classes to learn, and also buy a new machine because really that old one is useless - I killed it.

Maybe that's going to be a life goal for me; something to add to my list of things to master.

Anonymous said...

Fun, fun, fun. My sewing machines (yes, plural) are in that small list of purchases that actually save me money..... And, they can truly make me money if I'm sewing for others. So, mine are considered assets!!

Mommaroo2 said...

ooo, the Euro-pro Shark. I want one of those. The one I want, though, is the Intelli-sew, which is $400 at Target. So, not happening anytime soon. :-( It had such cool features.