Here was our menu:
- Ham (on sale at Homeland, .79 cents a pound!)
- Au Gratin potatoes (made with super sale potatoes and sale cheese)
- Broccoli and cauliflower (stocked up while it was on sale)
- Gluten free Mac 'n cheese (brought by our gluten sensitive friend, very yummy!)
- Green bean casserole (in my family, it's practically a LAW that you serve this at Easter. I used canned beans and soup that I got on sale awhile ago)
- Fruit Tarts, made with homemade granola
- No Flour brownies (YUMMY. )
Some of my family members just don't understand why I buy a case of green beans when they are on sale for .28 cents a can, but really- having a stocked pantry kept me from having to rush to the store and pay top dollar at the last minute. A pantry is truly the budget conscious cook's best friend.
Coming in the next few weeks: The Ham Diaries- What to do with all that leftover bargain ham!
4 comments:
Having a well-stocked pantry is a great thing, isn't it? Any excuse I can use to avoid driving, I take. It's nice to be able to put something together for dinner without having to leave the house, LOL!
Your Easter dinner sounds like it was delicious. I take the easier route--my bil and sil do the cooking on Easter!
I'm hoping to get some chocolate bunnies to smash up for chocolate chips, ganache, etc. Went to CVS yesterday but didn't get anything yet. 90% of the bunnies were white chocolate. Maybe they oughta take a hint--hardly anyone eats white chocolate, LOL!
Mmmm...ham bone bean soup...I'll have to make that on the next rainy day. I hope you feel better soon, DLFM!
Ham and mushroom quesadillas! YUM!
I have got to get my freezer cleaned out so I can get a ham next time on sale.
The Ham Diaries! Ha, that's so cute!
Post a Comment