I am the QUEEN of spilling stuff on myself. My mother always hoped I'd outgrow it (especially the day that I spilled mustard down the front of my first communion dress- but really, who gives HOT DOGS with ketchup and mustard to a bunch of kids in white?) but I never did. There are only two formal events that I've managed to not spill stuff on me- my senior prom and my wedding. The daily stuff? Forget it. I'm going to get something on me. Even when I try extra hard to be careful, I always manage to drip something.
In light of this, I can't believe it took me as long as it did to start wearing aprons. Nothing has saved me more money in laundry and clothes in general. I have several now, and it's saved me a fortune in ruined clothes and laundry expenses. So go dust off your aprons! They're easy to make, or you can pick up vintage ones at estate sales for nothing. E-bay is a great source as well.
They also look really cute!
4 comments:
I am laughing as I read this. You don't even want to be in the kitchen when I cook. My husband swears he has never seen anyone make such a mess.
I too have been wearing an apron for about a year or so. It is the best idea and saves so much money and embarrassment when the door rings and I am cooking. I can take the apron off and I'm almost presentable.
LOL
-d
Oh, the simple things we can do to save! I own several aprons, just because they were free at a garage sale or a friend made one for me, and I NEVER WEAR THEM.
Plus, I sport the Continental Shelf up top here, a natural spill attractor, and I'm short and have the accompanying spill issues from being too short for my counters. I'm always spilling!
I'm digging out my apron today. And then I'm going to go get that mustard out of the camisole I'm wearing.
LOL, Fishie--the continental shelf! Me, too. I swear I go through about 3 shirts a day. Guess I'd better start wearing my aprons, too!
Too funny...and I agree wholeheartedly.
This is the first time I have been to your blog. I, too, am trying to save EVERY penny that I possibly can. It's tough living on one income so I can stay home and raise kids.
Thanks for the ideas. Keep it up. I look forward to more.
Catherine
http://angelfoodcakeisntacandle.blogspot.com
Post a Comment