I don't usually do memes, but just for fun, here's some random facts about me. It was supposed to be 100 facts, but I ran out of ideas. :) Tag to whoever wants to do it! If you do it on your blog, leave a comment and I'll come check it out!
1. I was born in Little Rock, Arkansas.
2. I am married.
3. My husband thinks it is hilarious I keep a frugality blog because I get so excited about posting pictures of our groceries and the like.
4. I have been a teacher, a grocery store cashier, a bank employee, a proofreader of tax documents, and a receptionist.
5. I currently work in engineering, but I am not an engineer and still consider myself primarirly a homemaker.
6. I have one younger sister
7. I went to 8 schools before graduating high school
8. I can't stand the smell of oranges. I once quit a job because they switched to an orange scented cleaner
9. I love to watch movies
10. I do not have cable, and never have except in the dorms in college, where it came with the room.
11. I hate to shop for clothes
12. I love bacon
13. I love to read
14. I love cheese
15. Reality TV is one of my guilty pleasures, especally Wife Swap and Supernanny
16. I love the smell of coffee
17. I love to nap
18. I cannot sleep in an unmade bed, even if I have to make it just before I climb into it.
19. I lived in Germany as a child
20. Italy was my favorite European country to visit
21. I really enjoy good beer. I don't drink very often, but when I do, I am a beer snob.
22. I have lots of little animals- one rabbit and three guinea pigs
23. I also have a dog
24. I love soup
25. I never know what to ask for at Christmas. I usually don't want anything, like my dad.
26. This was true even as a child, which made my mother insane.
27. I'm a pretty calm person.
28. Sometimes, it gets me in trouble. There is a such thing as too calm.
29. My first college roommate was very into sports.
30. I was not. We had little to talk about.
31. I'm tall. (5 ft 9)
32. I'm terrible at math.
33. I drink hot tea in the morning, even when it's hot outside.
34. I make really good chili.
35. My biggest weakness is eating out.
36. I love secondhand stores.
37. I almost never buy clothes new, except socks and underwear.
38. My dog was adopted from the Humane Society at half off, because nobody wanted her and they were going to have to put her down soon if nobody adopted her.
39. Despite the fact she was a bargain dog, she is not frugal.
40. I have a BA in English, with a minor in Women's Studies.
41. I have an MA in English as well.
44. I had a love hate relationship with grad school.
45. Despite the fact that I nearly had a nervous breakdown in grad school, I miss it
a lot at times, and sometimes consider going on for a Ph.D.
46. I hate salespeople and will duck behind various objects to avoid them.
47.That is because I am terminally shy about talking to people I do not know.
48. My shyness can be a problem at times, because I avoid doing things if I know I'll have to talk to a stranger.
49. Because of that, I sometimes think I may have a touch of social anxiety disorder.
50. Yet in grad school I was a teacher and had to talk to lots of strangers. I loved it.
52. I am also terrible at sports.
53. I listen to NPR most of the day.
55. My husband and I don't often buy DVD's or CD's.
56. The only TV we own was free. A friend was getting rid of it.
57. We may or may not replace it when it dies.
58. I love to decorate my home.
59. I loved college.
60. I hate watching sports, and live in a place where sports are practically religion.
61. My mother knew my husband before I did.
62. I loved being in plays in High School, even though I'm shy in real life.
63. My Master's thesis was on the use of African American mythology in Toni Morrison's Beloved.
64. I love the Simpsons, but mostly the older episodes. The new ones are weird.
65. I also love King of the Hill and Family Guy.
66. I have two crockpots because I use them all the time.
67. I started a blog in grad school called GradStu: A Tasty Bowl of Graduate Life. This is how I started Frugal Homemaker Plus, because I found I wrote about frugaliy most of the time. GradStu is no longer avalible to the general public.
68. I wanted to write more about my program and frustrations in GradStu, but worried my evil Director of Graduate Studies would find it.
69. I love the Tightwad Gazette, and refer to it at least once a week.
70. I look very organized, but I am not always as organized as people think I am.
71. My first name is Catherine, but most people call me Cathy.
4 comments:
40. Me too. Weird.
Jenny- how funny! I wonder how many of my readers are former English/Women's Studies people?
I am too.
Just Kidding.
My husband hates the smell of oranges, too! Real oranges and the fake cleanser orange, too!
I wonder if there's a gene causing some people to smell orange differently; like there are genes for certain tastes that make people taste sulfur compounds more acutely.
Post a Comment