Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ask and it will be given...

I've had several very humbling experiences lately about relying on God for what I needed, and being given it in some direct or indirect way. I think that this is always important to remember, but especially when on a limited budget. I know that my husband and I could have never gotten through our dirt poor first year of marriage if we had not relied on God to provide what we needed.

This week, by asking then keeping my eyes open I have received:

2 boxes of my favorite type of Sudefed, hard to find- on sale for next to nothing
A whole leaf sized bag stuffed with of free clothes, most of which will be suitable for work clothes
5 pounds of ground turkey, which my husband has been wanting
Some things to sell on E-bay (I'll post a link when they come up)
A copy of the book I need for my online class for 10 dollars (List price: 90)

Thank you Jesus! I hope to pass on the blessings I have received someday soon.

An aside: Always put the word out when you're looking for something. You never know who will have the very thing you're looking for!

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Wow, if nothing else, that book was a blessing! Isn't it terrible how expensive college textbooks are?
And that bag of clothes...you must have had fun going through it. Like a treasure hunt!

Naomi Haverland said...

Isn't is awesome when we realize that God was in control of everything in the first place? It's wonderful that you realize that passing on the blessing will be the best way to thank God- he is blessed when his children bless eachother. Encouraging blog.