Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Score at the store!

I did pretty well at the store today. I would post pictures, but I'm a bit to lazy to take out my camera today.

Today I came home with:

Two 2 liter bottles of Coke
One bottle All Small and Mighty Laundry Detergent
One Bottle Windex
One 8 oz wheel of Camembert cheese
10 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (Four bags with 2.5 lbs each in them)

The total was 60.75, but after store sales and coupons, my total came to 26.51. Score!

This time I am going to put all the chicken into meal sized portions BEFORE I toss it in the freezer, so I don't have a repeat of the spoiled chicken incident.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did do well at the store! Yay you! 10# of chicken - yum! I need to get some more - time to watch the sales again.

And thanks for the procrastination lecture - I've been thinking about how I have that habit and I am trying to catch myself putting things off. Ergo, my script was in time this week and my Plan of Work for the PTA was ready to go, with copies, at the meeting. You rock!

Naomi Haverland said...

I've bought ground beef on sale before and been too lazy to cut it up into meal size peices before I froze it. I discovered that it is impossible to cut, chop or saw through frozen ground beef. I decided that next time I either need to invest in a chain saw or cut it up the minute I get it home.

Mom2fur said...

Way to go!!! But don't you sometimes wish those big packages of meat would miraculously divide, repackage and freeze themselves?

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Naomi, I've done that too! I think that they should have one pound measurement marks on the sides of those big rolls, the way they have on sticks of butter for tablespoons.

Mom2fur- Yes. Yes I do wish that! I think having to cut everything down to reasonable portions is one of the most annoying things about buying in bulk.

Anonymous said...

I love the All small and mighty. Recently they discountinued carrying it at my Walgreens. So they had them marked on clearance for 2.00 a bottle. I had some coupons so I was able to get a bottle for 19 cents. (after discount and a 5.00 off coupon for your next purchase) and another bottle for 80 cents (with my discount and 1.00 off any all small and mighty.) I am use less the recommended amount and get more than the 32 loads out of it.

Disney Loving Frugal Mom

Anonymous said...

SCORE!!!!

Great job my frugal friend!

Dawn said...

w00t!
The cheese itself was probably half of that 26.51 -regular price. Very cool.