In our effort to drive less and to explore the possibliity of moving down to one car, my husband and I walked to the store last evening.
As my husband and I were enjoying our lovely evening walk, we noticed a couple of small children with bows and arrows. Real ones, not kiddie ones with suction cups. They were shooting them at a target. The target faced a busy street, and the sidewalk we were walking on. It was also a thin piece of cardboard, with nothing thicker behind it. At least they had an adult with them, but COME ON.
We were reduced to helpless giggles when we thought of my phone call to Kirk's life insurace to claim his policy. "Yeah hi, my husband was killed by a small child weilding a bow and arrow...yes, we were on a public street...mmm hmmm, yeah, it was facing the road...oh, we WERE on the sidewalk...Yeah, I'll hold..."
We took a different route back.
It's funny the dangers we encounter when we're not in our car bubble!
3 comments:
Bored Insurance Agent: "An arrow, ma'am? And was the little guy red all over with lots of chubby hearts and a nametag that said 'Cupid'?"
You: "No, but..."
:o) Yes, that would be quite a conversation!
Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay
Wow, what idiot lets a kid play with a real bow and arrow, let alone facing a busy street? Don't these jerks know a bow and arrow is a deadly WEAPON? DUH!!!! (My kids shoot airsoft rifles in the back yard. We have a heavy wooden fence. I made sure the plastic pellets could not penetrate that.)
Andrew- HA! That made my day.
Jilly- maybe they were in the class. I can't imagine a 2 year old in an archery class. These kids were maybe in the 8-10 range. Too bad there was not a better place for them to practice, because it was really kind of dangerous!
Mom- That's what I was like! Thank God their dad was there, because they did not stop when my husband and I were near until the dad noticed us and made them stop. It was just a horrible accident waiting to happen!
Post a Comment