So it's been awhile. Sorry, faithful readers! It's been quite a month already. We moved into the house, and painted, and did a few other small things. I also started substitute teaching, which has been an adventure in itself. I also got the sickest I have EVER been in my life, which pretty much knocked me down for over a week. (I had strep and some type of horrible stomach virus. NOT fun.) Now I'm playing catch up.
I never did sit down and make a whole month's worth of menus. I decided it would be better to either do it weekly, or even the night before. Since my pantry is stocked, I don't need to run to the store for ingredients. The benefit of doing it the night before is that I can take into account things like the weather, if I have a sub job the next day or not, and if we're going to have guests. I may not have known those things if I planned a month in advance.
Rather than try to write down everything we've eaten in the past 19 days (and part of that was my husband on his own, since I could barely move) I'm just going to give you what we've eaten the past few days. I'll update with our other meals as we go.
Monday: Spaghetti in a box. It was this box that had the sauce mix and everything. Usually I would not have bought it, but I found it for a dime in the salvage box. It was quick and easy, but I don't think I'd ever want to pay more than 10 cents for it.
Tuesday: Sausage Chili
Wednesday: Crock Pot Pot Roast with carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and homemade rolls.
Thursday: Vegetarian Chili
It looks like we may be depending on our pantry for a little longer than expected as well. My car won't start, and it is currently on its way via tow truck to the repair place. My husband and our car handy friend worked on it for quite awhile before deciding that the problem may be out of their skill set. They suspect it may be the timing belt, and if it's that, it looks like we'll get to try to be a one car family for awhile. I'm trying out the Wichita Bus system, and so far have not been impressed. Yesterday, the bus I was waiting for simply drove past me and did not pick me up. Great! I'll try again today, hopefully with better results.
1 comment:
FHM~
So nice to meet you! It seems to me we have a lot in common!! My husband is in grad school and I'm working, we had a very frugal wedding during undergrad years. I'm trying to determine whether I want to go to grad school and if I can and maintain our goals of becoming financially independant and eventually building our own cob house! :) We live frugally (hopefully more frugally soon) and love it more than we ever enjoy spending money! It's nice to find a like-minded individual out there. Especially one closer to my age. When I read the post you made about most frugality books being geared towards SAHMs and ex-yuppies, I squealed. I had the same experience! YAY for more young frugalites!
Peace!
Ruthie
Post a Comment