Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Using What You Have


Wow, doing little things to your house can add up! We took down the moose themed wallpaper strip in our bedroom, and are in the process of painting the room a plum color.

Taking down the wallpaper was not hard, but it was time consuming. I had gone to Wal-Mart earlier in the day to get the spray stuff my dad recommend to get the wallpaper off, but it was 10 dollars. I thought that a friend of ours may have some laying around, so I called and asked him if he did. He said that he has never used anything special to take down wallpaper, just a spray bottle of water/vinegar combo and a paint scraper.

We had neither of these things, so we used a rag soaked in water and vinegar and a wooden piece that my husband had salvaged off a shelf of mine as a scraper. It worked great!

2 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I'm not exactly sure, but I think I remember reading the ingredients in that wallpaper removal stuff. It was nothing more than isopropyal alcohol, or rubbing alcohol, or something you can buy really, really cheap. But not as cheap as vinegar, I'd bet, LOL!

Meredith said...

Good to know!