One of the easiest and cheapest ways to change the look of a room is through paint. We painted our bedroom walls a light purple shade, and it really drastically changed the look of the room. The basement looked a little scruffy, and a coat of plain white paint (yard sale- two gallons for 5 bucks!) made it look nearly unbelievably nicer. I could not get over the difference.
My artistic skills are limited to stick figures and painting one color on all walls. However, if you have the talent, or wish to hire somebody, a mural could be an excellent way to decorate a room. The only limit would be your imagination and budget.
Hiring a professional may cost initially, but having a mural painted would be unique way to decorate your home. You could also contact local art schools and art departments of Universities- a student may do it at a reduced rate. If she lived closer, I would consider having Naomi Haverland come do my kitchen and bathroom. Her work is amazing, and I covet the bathroom that is featured on her website. It would be wonderful to be able to pour over designs and be able to figure out what *you* wanted, not what was available in wallpaper and other things. Naomi, and other talented artists like her, can make your home one of a kind, and you won't have to rip down wallpaper if you decide you want a different look fifteen years from now.
Naomi lives in Utah. If you're interested in having a mural painted in your home or business, I am sure she would love to talk with you about it.
1 comment:
Thanks! I am flattered.
Post a Comment