

I love those huge things of liquid laundry detergent. I don't love how the caps, which are also used to measure the detergent, get gummed up. Yuck, and what a mess! Walking all the way upstairs to where there was a sink was a pain in the rear. It was even worse when I had to use the laundromat- there were no sinks, and my apartment was across several streets and on the second floor. I got so frustrated with the gummy, yucky detergent caps.
One day, it occurred to me to rinse out the cap under the running water of the washing machine. No more yucky caps! Hey, it works for me!
7 comments:
I do this with my liquid dish soap, but never thought about doing it with laundry detergent or liquid fabric softener. Thanks for sharing!
great tip! even easier -- you can throw the cap in with your load of laundry -- i do it all the time!
I skip the measuring altogether! I put my dispenser bottle on the shelf over the washer. For about a week I counted while I filled the measuring cup so that I would have an idea of how much detergent to use. After that (and for the past 5 years) I just held the button on the dispenser and count to 6. Every once in awhile I'll measure while I count and I'm always "close enough".
I also use a sock, tshirt or towel that is in the wash to wipe off the cap.
I do the toss it in with the wash thing. But, I also keep a couple extra, just in case it makes it to the dryer....
I also toss it in the wash once it starts to get yucky. You just need to make sure it doesn't go into the dryer. ;-)
I rinse it also. And if any seems to run down the bottle. I use something being washed to soak it up.
Post a Comment