Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Afternoon

I love Sunday afternoons, especially when the weather is nice. It's been so deary and blah in Wichita the past few weeks, and I know that it has been affecting everybody's mood in the household. Today it is sunny and 58 degrees, and everyone in the house is cheerful. Ahhh. My husband is working on his Master's thesis in the office. The roommate is tinkering with things in the garage, and I'm puttering around the house, admiring how differently things look in the sunlight.



Here's my dollar garage sale bowl, filled with sale priced Cameo apples.



Here's dinner in one of my crockpots- bargain chicken legs, being made into Spicy Hot Chicken Legs. I do the baking in the oven part at the end. It's worth it to crisp it up a bit. Yum!


Here's a little treat I got myself today at Aldi's. The Valentine's Day roses were half off. Since the regular Aldi's price is 2.99 for half a dozen, I would say that half off is an exceptional deal. I love fresh flowers!

I hope everybody is having a peaceful Sunday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I also enjoyed a beautiful Sunday. Attended church services, spent time with hubby and our teen and now I'm working.
Great bargains that you have, thanks for sharing them with us.

coppercorn said...

Hmm, I went into an Aldi's once (the one on 21st North near Woodlawn) and it was filthy and stunk! Was that an anomaly?

We had a lovely Sunday afternoon, my husband and I got some cleaning done to get ready for our son's 4th birthday party next weekend, and then we went out to my uncle's farm near Cheney and lounged around watching the baby play on their new shag carpeting while the kids went out to the henhouse and collected eggs (which my aunt then gave to us!) before we had a big spaghetti dinner.

Jilly

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Coppercorn- Ew. I've never been to that one. I usually go to the one on Maize and Central, but I've also been to another one on Central- not quite sure what the cross street was. If you're on the West side for some other thing, it may be worth it to drop in to one. I've never found them to be dirty or stinky.

Homeland, on the other hand...

coppercorn said...

Oh, good, you agree on Homeland! I was afraid my comment sounded snotty but it's true! I may have to try a different Aldi's, right now all my grocery shopping is done at Dillon's and SuperTarget.

Have you tried buying groceries on Amazon? They only carry nonperishables, in bulk, but shipping is free on $25 just like for their books. My husband loves anchovies, and a can is over $2 in the store. I bought him a case of 25 cans from Amazon, for $1 a can, and free shipping!

Jilly