Monday, February 26, 2007

Work Lunches From Leftovers

If you have access to a microwave, take dinner leftovers for lunch! The guys are taking this for lunch tomorrow. The guys round out the meal with a piece of fruit or two and a dessert. The meal on the right features the lasagna I made using our super bargain produce. The meal on the left is bargain chicken which was marinated in Italian dressing and baked. Much better than a burger of the .99 cent menu- for your wallet and your waistline!

The trays are from TV dinners. I save them and just run them through the dishwasher. We also use these trays for chips and dips- the chips in the big compartment, the dip in the small one. If you never eat TV dinners, maybe somebody at work would let you have the tray after they are done. I'm looking for those tupperware plates with different compartments and a lid, but I have yet to see any at yard sales or thrift stores.

4 comments:

Jill said...

What a great idea!

Meredith said...

Clever, clever!
I'm sure their co-workers want to know which new brand of TV dinner smells so delicious!

Naomi Haverland said...

That sure is a great idea. I often run out of tupperware containers when I have too many in the freezer. I bet these trays would be great for freezing.

Anonymous said...

If you have a foodsaver you can make your own TV dinners using those trays and freezing them for future use. My son is going to be gone for a month and half this summer. I plan on making up some of those meals for me to eat for lunch and dinner while he is gone. I plan to cut my grocery shopping down to 10.00 or so a week Just fruit and stuff like that. I want to save as much money as I can while he is gone. Love that idea.

I have the tupperware ones and really they are so bulky that I do not use it that often to take to work.