Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Chicken In Every Pot


I love my new clay pot cooker! The chicken came out delicious, and I am making another chicken dish tonight. Last time I layered carrots, mushrooms and garlic, then put the chicken on top and added more sliced garlic. Tonight I layered cubed potatoes on the bottom, added carrots to the top of that, and then the chicken. I poured about 1 cup of white wine over all. We will see how that turns out! I also have a few clay pot cooker cookbooks on hold at the library. I told my mother about my new clay pot, and now she wants one. I hope I see another one soon at a yard sale!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

I'm so glad you liked it! I always hold my breath when people look for something I recommended : )

Potatoes are great in the clay pot cooker. The steam makes them so moist inside, but the high heat gives a nice crusty exterior.

Anonymous said...

I want one too! I will be on the look out.