Monday, July 02, 2007
Failed Yogurt
Sometimes the yogurt just does not turn out how you want it. It's not thick enough, or it's too tart, or maybe it is the first time you made yogurt and...well, you just don't like it. Or maybe you LOVE it, but made so much that you will not be able to finish it before it goes bad. It happens. When this happens to me, I use it in place of milk in things like pancakes, breads, and mixes. It gives it a bit of a tart flavor, but it is still very good. I made a loaf of cheese bread using slightly runny yogurt in place of milk, and the result was a wonderful bread with a very, very slight sourdough taste. If you use sour milk in your pancakes, failed/abundant yogurt can make a wonderful substitute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great tips! Thanks.
Catherine ~
hi there! 'member me? :) Your blog is doing awesomely!
I check in quite regularly, but currently I need some advice. I'm trying to find some support on the web or in books on being a childless stay-at-home-spouse! It seems so much more respectable to be a "_______" -- nurse, teacher, receptionist, bank teller, pharmacy technician, basically a full time -- or even part time -- employee or a grad student than to do what I really want, which is to stay at home and take care of my husband, my pets, my garden and my home! Does it really matter that I don't have kids? (yet?)
I think you're one of the few people I know who fall into the same category as me, even though you do work as a substitute teacher, you're not a "career" woman, like I feel so pressured to be.
I feel like things run smoother and we spend less money and do less damage to the environment (hello, prepackaged dinner??) when I'm at home most of the time. I also feel like our marriage has a better chance of surviving the chaotic sea of the modern world if I'm the strong and constant figure at home. DH is less likely to stay stressed and depressed when he comes home from work if the apartment smells like fresh baked bread, drying lavender, and Windexed windows instead of rotten fruits and veggies in the fridge that no one got around to preparing and yucky needs-to-be -changed-but-who- has-the-time kitty litter!! Does this make sense?
Anyway, I was wondering if you had any resources (links, books, mag's, etc) for me to check out. :)
Peace! Ruthie
Of course, plain yoghurt is also a soothing balm for a sunburn....
Post a Comment