
My laundry room/utility room is a dusty, cluttered disaster. Actually, it's not *that* bad, but it does need some spiffing up, and since it's a room I don't really hang out it, it gets neglected. Every time I go in there, I think, "I really should do something about this..." but I don't. I know that it will not take much time to deal with, but until now, I have not done anything about it.
In a new campaign to get off my butt and take care of those little things that have been bothering me about my home, I came up with a plan. While the washer tub is filling, I clean up a bit. I don't know how long it takes the tub to fill, but it's not much. In that small amount of time, I've gotten quite a bit taken care of. I finally cleaned the shelf where I store my detergents. I had been avoiding that one for a long time, because it was dusty as all get out, and then a detergent bottle sprung a leak, so it had this dust...soap...goo everywhere. Ewwwww. It only took until the washer tub filled to clean that up! I also had my dog crate just kind of set in the corner, and it was driving me nuts. While the tub filled, I folded it up and got the blanket out to wash. It did not take long at all! There was even time left to wipe down my washer and dryer with a Lysol wipe. If I keep this up, my laundry room will be company ready in no time! (Although who will ever see my laundry room? I guess you never know!) Go here for more ideas!
Dog Crate Before
2 comments:
clever idea. My laundry room keeps getting worse, and I wonder when I'll have time to completely clean it. This is more manageable! I have a front-loader, so I don't notice the "fill" time, but I'll try it today.
We have the same doggie kennel ('cept I bet Igger's is a bit bigger than Sarah's!
Post a Comment