Wednesday, September 19, 2007

WFMW: The Chore List

A long time ago, I was talking about redoing my household notebook and making it prettier and more useful to my current life situation.

Well, that did not happen. I just did not get around to making it super pretty. And then I went and got myself a job, which means I have even less time to be creative with my notebook.

What I did get around to doing to was to re-do my daily and weekly chores quite a bit on a piece of notebook paper. I wrote down my daily chores, and then my weekly chores in a separate area. I've been intending on fixing it up to put in my notebook with my other stuff, like our house and pet sitter section, our "emergency evacuation" section, and our frugal ideas section, but I just have not done it.

Yesterday I realized we've been doing quite well just using the piece of paper, which is posted on the fridge. So I've decided that, for this season in my life, I'm going to leave it at that. The chores are getting done, I am not stressing about making it look better, and it's in a place where I see it every day. Hey, it works for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brocante Home has very pretty, free, printable pages that all you do is fill in with your information.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I'm pretty decent at organizing everyone but myself!

Thank you so much for this post because it helped me realize that my list or system does not have to be perfect first. Sometimes it's just best to keep it simple!

Great post!