Sunday, September 16, 2007

Home Improvement: Staining the Deck

We spent most of today staining our deck. It's one of those things that really needed to be done, but we've been putting it off. I'm so glad we finally got around to it. It is amazing how these small improvements do so much! We spent about sixty dollars on stain and a couple of new paintbrushes, but the result was well worth the cost. I can see the deck from the kitchen window, and it's amazing how much more cheerful the space looks with just a little bit of color.

Before Shot Number 1.
Before Number 2- that's my husband getting started!

After- I can't believe the difference!
Another after picture

5 comments:

Anita said...

Great job! I was "blog surfing" when I found your blog... Great tips and links!

Ruthie said...

wow nice! :)

I am wondering how you are enjoying being a working woman again?

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

Your deck looks amazing! Which makes me think that we should do something to ours...

Heather said...

I really like your deck too :). We will be needing to do ours probably next spring or summer, what colour/brand of stain did you use?

Thanks!

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Ruthie: I'm planning a blog on my "working woman" feelings- I like it and I don't.

As for our deck, we used Cabot brand semi-solid deck stain. It was in the "frontier" color.