Yay! I'm the proud owner of a newish Scion XB. We did okay with the price. I hate hate HATE haggling- I'm just not aggressive in the right way or something. But we left with a decent priced car and they gave us a great trade in price. Now I won't have to pull over at random times to put more oil in my ailing car! Oh happy day.
In other news, if you *do* finance your car, it pays to shop around. We applied for pre-approval at a dealership out of sheer curiosity, and the terms offered were none too fabulous. We also applied at our online bank, and they offered us a full five points lower interest rate. Over the life of a loan, that would save you some serious cash!
1 comment:
FYI I just did a Recall Search at the NHTSA site, and the aftermarket cruise control I installed in my Scion xA has been recalled. I can't remember if you said your xB has cruise - if so, it is likely aftermarket or a dealer installed option.
Just wanted to give you a heads-up. Congrats again on your new car!
Oh - and I think you should add the car to your "expenses of working" series - I know you would probably have bought a new car either way, but I say that the bus and working colluded to speed the purchase along. I was thinking about your expense of working series after the Simple Dollar Real Cost of Stay at Home parenting article this week.
Post a Comment