Monday, April 07, 2008

Monday Morning Mention

Happy Monday! Here's what I've noticed this week:

Lovely Leftovers by She Laughs at The Days to Come. I have heard people say that they never, ever eat leftovers. Do they also throw money into the street? You don't have to reheat and eat the same thing over and over- make it something new!

The Consumerist tells of a Rhode Island man who made and lived in a mini apartment in the mall...and did not get caught for four years! I bring this one up because we halfway considered secretly living at my husband's research lab when we were in grad school. I honestly think it would have been possible...there was a shower, a kitchen, computer labs, TV's and lots of quiet unused space in tucked away corners. Of course, we never did actually do it, but it was mighty tempting at times.

Tight Fisted Miser actually does a price comparison of Aldi's vs Supermarket vs Walmart- the results may surprise you.

Squawkfox talks about frugalicious lunches. I love the word frugalicious!

Crystal is learning to live without the fantabulous deals she used to get at her local Kroger. It's harder, but she's still saying in her $40 a week budget!

3 comments:

Naomi Haverland said...

The mall apartment looks awesome. I am jealous. When we had a key to my parents storage unit, we thought about moving into it. Cause it would have been better than having to move in with my parents themselves. Luckily, we got a job offer and bought a house instead.
Oh, and I sure do miss Aldi's.

Anonymous said...

Interesting links, thanks.

When I worked at a large university (which shall remain nameless) several years ago they caught a guy who had been living in a far flung corner of the library for months. He got caught stealing some food and then the whole thing came unraveled. We were all quite impressed - there are even motion sensors in much of the place yet he pulled it off.

Tracy said...

I wish I had more options when shopping for groceries. The only stores within 15 minutes of my house are Save Mart, Longs Drugs, Sam's Market, and the Dollar Store. Driving 30 minutes or more to get to other stores just wouldn't be wise given the gas prices...I would spend more on gas than I would save I think.