I have not talked about this much on the blog- but if our calculations are correct, our economic stimulus check will be here on Friday. What are you doing with yours? We're being totally boring and predictable and sending ours to our debt. One of the key tenants of frugality is to not go crazy with your windfalls and raises and birthday gifts from grandma, so we're being responsible and all that jazz.
Somedays we do fantasize about throwing of the shackles of responsibility and going nuts. Who doesn't wake up in the morning and want to fly first class to Paris for dinner? Or get a shiny plasma TV and DVR to go with it? Sometimes, especially when we read headlines like this, we wonder why we keep trying, keep cutting costs, keep trying to get totally debt free, including the mortgage. I'm pretty sure it will be worth it, but some days, I get distracted by the shiny.
5 comments:
I am not frugal by nature and didn't grow up that way so I often want to be irresponsible with money. We to our holding onto our stimulus money in order to pay off.
I know how it feels to get distracted by the shiny.
Ha! That is a crazy shower.
I'm still not sure what I'm doing with mine. I just bought an LCD monitor to bring me into the 21st century (regretting that purchase) and am considering a reel mower (but worry I'll never use it/will regret that too). I think of them as coming out of my rebate check, but really they're out of the fund I already earmarked as "fun money".
Maybe I'll just jump start my 2008 IRA contribution.
We are using it to open up an account with a better bank in our area and that money will stay in there until we use it to move in october. It will not be touched! I'm so excited about that. DH is the "spender" in the house and I was very afraid that he would want to spend at least some of it but he was the one that said that we need to save it for moving! The best part: the money we were already saving to move can be partially added to the stimulus check and partially used to pay off more debt.
*sigh* Ours was meant for savings. I figured originally that we could each have $100 to blow on whatever, and the other $1000 would go into savings. But then a massive hailstorm came and damaged our roof, gutters, fence, window screens... So, our stimulus check is going towards our insurance deductible.
That is the scariest shower I have ever seen. I'm terrified of water (not in a regular shower or bath, of course), and 18 shower heads coming from all directions would have me screaming in fear!
Ewokgirl-
Sorry about the hail. That's no fun! I'm not sure I'd really want that shower, but it would be interesting to have so much money that I could spend 100,000 on a SHOWER without blinking. :)
Post a Comment