Shannon is having a theme week at Works for Me Wednesday- What Doesn't Work for me! Join the fun here.
Here's a couple of things that just are not working for me for this season in my life:
Cleaning in any way that involves thought or effort. Can I be frank? Ever since I started working full time outside the home, my house is kind of coming down around my ears. It's not filthy or anything, but it was much cleaner when I was at home all day. Scrubbing the shower has been something that I keep putting off, and even getting the daily spray was too much effort for me. Enter the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. I have resisted getting one of these for ages, but when MoneySavingMom pointed out a Wal-Mart deal, I broke down and bought one. All you do is push a button. I can handle a button. I love it, and my shower is now much cleaner than it has been in ages. Now I just have to figure out how to refill it with less expensive shower wash once it is empty.
Getting up earlier than everyone else for "me time." I've seen this suggested a lot to women- get up before anybody in the house and enjoy the silence. That sounds lovely, but it has not worked for me. The first person in my house is up at 5 AM. Getting up at 4 means I'm groggy and grumpy the rest of the day, which does not make me a charming and happy wife. What I do instead is read in bed while my husband is in the shower. It's not perfect, but it works for me.
3 comments:
Ooooo...I hadn't thought about refilling the shower cleaner with some kind of homemade replacement. Good idea! I think I'll have to work on this! Let us know if you find something that works!
I know, I know, what is it with these superwomen who are up at five with their coffee and me-time before spending the whole day running around after kids, working full-time and running an etsy-shop?? I wish I was like that, but truth be told, I need my sleep too much!
I enjoy "me time" WHILE sleeping. I consider it multitasking.
Post a Comment