Clay pot cookers have been around forever, and are very expensive if you by them new. Amazon has them listed
You have to soak your pot about 15 minutes before you use it. I cubed potatoes and lined the bottom of my pot with them and the carrots. I sprinkled fresh thyme, pepper, and salt over that, and added some fresh minced garlic. On top I placed the chicken legs, which were coated in a small amount of olive oil, thyme, minced onion, and a little salt and pepper.
Simple foods, simple herbs, simple meal, simply delicious!
4 comments:
Love these!
In fact, I bought 2 more ($2 each) to use when I bring roast beef/vegetables to friends who've had babies. (They can keep the clay pot cooker afterward, since they have to hear me singing its praises all the time!)
You can always just get a clay pot bottom from the hardware store for a few bucks too. Works the same way. I once saw this on "Good Eats" on food network when the chef made a casserole for a church group in it. If it gets "lost" you don't have to worry about losing 40 bucks. Genius!
That looks really delicious. I have been thinking about getting a clay pot cooker for awhile now. I think you may have inspired me to finally "take the plunge." :)
Goodness! We have a lot in common girl! I have that same cooker I found at a thrift store for $2 or $3!! I LOVE it! I make our thanksgiving turkey in it (I always buy a small breast or small turkey!) It works beautifully on chickens and turkeys!! Love it!
Post a Comment