Thursday, July 10, 2008

From the Freezer Thursday


Welcome to From the Freezer Thursday! I can't wait to see what you've come up with!

Don't forget to link back to this post on your blog. Have fun and I can't wait to see what you come up with! Here's what I found in mine:

Ground Beef. I bought a ton of ground beef on a super mega sale, which I used with some sausage from my freezer to make a meatloaf.

Zucchini- my garden is exploding zucchini! My brother in law dipped it in egg, coated it with breadcrumbs, and fried it in oil. So yummy!

Prepackaged Steam in the Bag organic broccoli and carrots- On manager markdown!

Cream Cheese- I am a freezer rebel and freeze things like cream cheese. It does change the texture, but when you use it in your cooking, you often can't tell it had been frozen. For dessert, we used some of my stash of frozen cream cheese in this crockpot cheesecake. Cheesecake! In a crockpot! It was AMAZING how well it worked, and it was delicious.

What did you find in your freezer this week?


Some guidelines:

  • You do not have to actually eat your freezer creations on Thursday- it can be a post from another day in the week. It just must be a post about meals you make from your freezer/pantry/garden surplus etc and the linky will be up on Thursdays.
  • While the entire meal does not need to be from your surplus, be sure that at least a part of it is from your pantry/freezer stuff.
  • Bonus points if you post recipes.
  • Extra super bonus points if you post pictures.
  • Keep it family friendly- I'm not sure how you'd make a post about freezer finds non-family friendly, but you never know.
  • Link directly to your particular post, not just your general blog.
  • I reserve the right to delete any link I deem inappropriate.
  • Don't forget to link back to From the Freezer Thursday in your blog!

1 comment:

Naomi Haverland said...

I made the baked lentil recipe last night. I didn't realize until after we ate it all that I had forgotten to add the tomatoes. I even had the cans sitting out on the counter. It was good anyways, but I will have to try it again.