We're soup fans.
Beans are healthful and delicious!
Two desserts in one week? That's unusual for us, but I had an about to expire $3 off coupon for the Kroger brand of "Select" pie. When I saw a pie for 3.99 on the discount rack, I decided to take it home.
Bean soup: Beans .50 cents worth of dry beans
onion: .28 cents
organic carrots: .12
various spices .05 cents
cheese- 1/2 of a 1.66 package, so .83
tortilla chips: 3 servings between all of us: .44 cents
1/2 a jar of salsa .50 cents, thanks to a 10 for 10 dollar sale a few months ago.
Pie: .99 cents (on markdown, with coupon!)
Total: $3.27 for the meal, or 1.09 each. There were tons of leftovers, so we'll be having it for lunch over the next few days!
3 comments:
Wow, and yum!
MMM, looks and sounds delicious!
Soups are my favorite! If you come to dinner at my house, you had better not look expectantly for an entree after polishing off a thick lentil stew served with homemade whole wheat bread. I sometimes stir in egg whites for additional protein, too.
I think bean soups are the easiest. The first black bean soup I ever made was just a can of beans tossed in the food processor, simmered with onions, garlic, and a splash of hot sauce, and then topped with shredded cheddar.
Allison
Post a Comment