Exhibit A: The results of a quick trip to the grocery store to pick up some tortillas and eggs:
The precooked sausage and canned (canned!) biscuits almost never grace my cart, but my husband suddenly wanted the pigs in a blanket just the way his mother made them. No problem; a little treat won't kill us.I also hit up some of the manager markdowns. This is not bad in itself, but sometimes I need to remind myself that I can go broke on bargains! Remember to add these little side trips when you're tracking your spending. You may be surprised how quickly it adds up!
Total this trip: $17.21
Total this month: $64.21
2 comments:
I believe this is my biggest problem when I try to plan my meals. In fact, I did the same thing as you did. I made my list but forget to put on the list some of the items that I needed, so I had to run back to the store and bought more than what I intended to. I am determined, however, to get better at planning my grocery trips.
You can do it DarcyLee! This was hard for me to get under control when I was starting out...and it's still something I struggle with sometimes. :)
Post a Comment