I am completely encouraged and inspired by the Getting Back on Track series over at Biblical Womanhood. I've been off track for the whole of 2009 and for a good part of 2008, and I really need to stop procrastinating and get on it!
I've made a three personal goals for myself:
1. Get up earlier. I LOVE to sleep and love being cozy in my warm bed. Getting up early has not been happening for quite awhile, but I know there is a huge difference in my productivity when I do. My new goal is to be out of bed by 6:30 AM.
2. Get a new morning and evening routine. Way back in the day I made a FlyLady Control Journal, and completely agreed with her that the morning and evening routines were so important. When I followed my routines, my days usually went pretty smoothly. Then I kind of quit doing it. I recently took a look at my old control journal and realized that the routines no longer work for myself or my family- they were written at a completely different season of my life. My new goal is to come up with a basic morning and evening routine that works for who we are now...and then implement it!
3. Get a "Work at Home" routine. I have a job, but for the first time in my professional life a large amount of my work is done at home. This is my dream- I want to contribute the my family's income, but I want to do it in a way that does not keep me out of the house for 40+ hours a week. I have a lot of grading, writing, and reading to do, but it seems like I'm always scrambling to get these things done just before they *have* to be done. I need a routine so my work at home life does not spiral into chaos! I'm also working on increasing my income through the small things I do on the side- I really need to dedicate some time in my schedule to this or it may not get done.
If you want to get back on track, check out Crystal's challenge!
1 comment:
I have a morning routine, and it makes all the difference in how things go around the house for the rest of the day. It even throws things off for my husband if it doesn't get done.
Post a Comment