Thelma Meyers knows clean and she taught her nine children all about it. She espoused the cleaning message so well that, years later, her daughter Monica started Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day, which focused on environmentally friendly cleaning products.
Now you can read all about clean right from Mrs. Meyers herself in her new book Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home.
Her "no-nonsense advice that will inspire you to clean like the dickens" really does inspire! A mother of nine (who also eventually worked outside the home as a nurse!) does not have a lot of time to devote to cleaning. Each chapter is devoted to a specific room, complete with list of what you'll need to keep that room clean. She poo-poos the idea that you need a lot of expensive, store bought cleaners to keep a clean house. Vinegar, lemons, a good sponge, baking soda, and a few odds and ends will keep a house sparkling, minus the toxic fumes. She does not spend the book advertising her daughter's products, which actually really surprised me! I can't really comment on how well the Meyer's products clean, but I know they smell heavenly.
Cleaning does not have to take all day in Mrs. Meyer's world. As long as you keep up on the basics (she provides checklists!), you'll have a clean enough home that you're not afraid to bring company in to and
I love how practical and organized the book is. She reminds us that being uncluttered is important, that taking care of what we have is paramount, and that we don't need a lot of fancy stuff to be environmentally friendly and germ free. I can't think of a more frugal message than that.
Interested in your own copy? Five of my lucky readers will get their very own free copy of Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home! To enter, simply leave a comment. One entry per person please. I'll announce the winners on Monday, March 16th!
41 comments:
Oh pick me! Pick me!
Ooh, this book sounds great! Sign me up!
I need help... help... help! To clean...clean...clean! : )
This book looks great! I'm inspired to start cleaning already!
I need some inspiration!
This book sounds wonderful - can a non-blogger from England be included in the draw? Love, Diane
Oooh, pick me too! Sounds like a good book to have on hand!
I could sure use some help in this area! While I keep up with the dishes and the laundry, it seems like I struggle with everything else and spring cleaning? Ha! I'd love to read how she does it!
Susan
We recently moved from a house with lots of big, big windows and a ton of light to an older house with smaller windows and many large trees to shade the house. It's amazing how much less time I spend cleaning nowadays to achieve the same satisfaction lol. I guess what I can't see I don't mind :)
I want that! :)
As a busy working girl who is an aspiring homemaker, I would LOVE this book!
Sounds good! I could use some housekeeping advice...
I can't resist a good cleaning book :D Count me in, please! And thanks for telling us about this, and about how good it is.
Can never have too much house keeping advice. Count me in!
I would love, love, love a copy of this book. And, I promise I'll share it with my mom who absolutely loves the stuff. She even has the clary sage dog spray for her dogs.
Can't wait to check out this book. Thanks for spreading the word! I love the Meyers Clean Day products and I have wanted to try making my own, too.
Can't wait to check out the book, too! sounds great..
This would be a perfect book for my daughter! As a new mom, and not a very good cleaner anyway, she is finding it hard to keep things up!
I'm so glad I'm spending some time catching up on my blogs while on vacation! I hope I win.....I want it for my husband, actually, who is a stay at home Dad and trying to do more cleaning around the house. (if I win, please use paulukon at yahoo dot com)
I actually enjoy cleaning! I'd love to read the book!
Anything to make cleaning more fun!!
Me, please.
I would love to read it! :-)
This sounds wonderful! Please enter me! =)
~Kate
"Which Proverbs 14:1 Woman?"
http://proverbs14-1.blogspot.com
This looks like a great book. Thanks so much for this contest.
It's always inspiring to hear how other moms and homemakers achieve success in these critical areas - clutter and cleaning. I know it's possible, I'm just not sure when...perhaps now is my time! :-)
I would love a copy!!
Cleaning is something I certainly need a bit of help in. :)
This sounds like a really good book! I'd love to read it.
I desperately need to be inspired to clean!! I would love this book
Miss Mary
marycelery@yahoo.com
I can use all the help I can get. Mom of 7; 11 and under. Lori
Oh, man, I love checklists! Thanks, FHP!
Valerie @ Mom and Them
Sounds like an interesting read...feel free to pick me! :-)
Thanks.
Andrea
acm0101@yahoo.com
Sounds fantastic!!! I would love to read it!
Sounds fantastic!! Would love to read it!!
Anyone who can keep a clean house with nine kids has something to teach me!
It sounds like a wonderful book! We've got 8 kids and I love having my house clean, but here lately it seems like I just can't keep up! I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or what! I love reading things like this. Thank you for the chance to win! ~~Pam
I could sure use some tips on quick but effective cleaning!
I'm frugal, I'm cheap, and consider myself a smart home maker...I love Mrs. Meyers products, especially the lavender...mmmm Pick me...I want the book :)
Love your blog!
emmysgrandma@yahoo.com
ME!!!!
I love Mrs. Meyers product! especially the lavender. Pick me pick me...I want the book :)
Post a Comment