Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Review Me Review: Web Hosting Choice

The following is a sponsored post:

I am not new to computer or the internet. I had AOL not long after it came out, and thrilled in e-mailing my only other "online" friend. I had a web journal back in the day when they were still called that. Today I'm a relatively established blogger and teach online courses- but that does not mean that I know a lot about webhosting. When I decided to get a domain name for one of my other ventures, I was completely lost. The web can be a scary place full of scam artists, and I did not want to hand over hard earned money and not get what I paid for.

Too bad I did not know about Web Hosting Choice back then. This handy (and FREE!) guide breaks down the top 10 web hosting services by price, disk space, domain, and money back guarantees. I could have used something like this when I was looking for a web host- I ended up using GoDaddy because they were the least expensive one that I'd heard good things about at the time. I was not sure who else to trust when I googled "web host" and ten billion other companies came up.

The handy sidebar on the left enables you to narrow down the different types of hosts- from budget hosts to linux hosts. They have also put together a list of things to look for to make sure you don't get scammed, guides aimed at hosting newbies, and a FAQ section that won't make you feel like an idiot for not knowing something already. It's a good starting place for those who are not sure where to start.

No comments: