
I'm trying to get the most use out of everything I have.
I got three uses out of the lemons today!
The zest and a bit of the juice made excellent lemon poppy seed bread.
I then sprinkled baking soda in them and scrubbed my shower walls with them. (I read about that here and it really worked! Some vinegar on a sponge took care of the spots the lemon/baking soda combo did not take care of.)
I then ran the peels through my garbage disposal for that lemon fresh scent.
Not bad for a couple of humble lemons!
3 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing this! We've got two lemons languishing in the fridge that were given to us as tea party leftovers, and our shower/bathtub is looking a bit icky. I'm so glad to have a good use for them!
Great post and great tips! Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Bobbi Jo
Lemon zest is one of my favorite things to make! Thanks for the cleaning tip, too.
Allison
Post a Comment