Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Worth Every Dime: Fire Extinguisher

I was a little grumpy when we plunked down $40 for a fire extinguisher, considering the fact that we did not know if we would ever use it.

I'm glad now! We've used it twice in the past month.

Instance one was when our lawnmower burst into flames. (Leaves+overheating motor=bad.)

Instance two was when I was grading papers and managed to set a bag AND a cloth napkin on fire.

I'm sure the expense of setting our yard on fire and/or burning the house down is a LOT more than $40.

Just some food for thought!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

Okay, you got me to delurk. Please indulge us. HOW did you manage to set a fire grading papers? Just curious. That sounds like a great story just waiting to be heard.

Rae said...

A fire extinguisher is a must. My RV lost its brakes going down a hill last month and by the time I managed to stop the brakes were so hot they caused one tire to explode and burst into flames. The fire extinguisher saved my home.

Resenting the purchase of a 40$ item that can save so much is ridiculous. Be glad if you never have to use it, but keep it at arm's length.

Ruthie said...

"DARN YOU STUDENTS!!! ARRGUGHGHGHHHH!!!! SCRIBBLE SCRIBBLE!!!" *Papers burst into flames*

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Ruthie, LOL! Not quite, but sometimes it feels like it! :)

Jenni, I'll do a quick post about it later this week. I've gotten several e-mails asking the same question!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I about fell out of my chair laughing. Do you know how many times I've wished papers would catch on fire so I wouldn't have to grade them!! Thanks for the laughs!!

baludec4 said...

Good post, nice blog. I like this blog.

Anonymous said...

I always give fire extinguishers as presents, especially "housewarming" presents. It's the best thing, because it used to be that I got mopey when nobody ever used anything I got them...