Monday, February 01, 2010

2010 Goals Update!


Thanks carleyjane1!

Here's our first round of updates! The updates are in bold.
Goal 1: Pay off my husband's car by the end of June. We owe $12,000 as of this writing.

Update: As of this writing, we've paid off $
280.62.


Goal 2: I want to earn $2500 from freelance jobs, side jobs, and/or other money making pursuits this year. The money will go towards the car or the house. Last year I exceeded my $1000 goal, so I want to kick it up a notch!

Update: As of this writing, I've earned $283.04 , thanks to a serendipitous temp job and a few "on the side" things I do from home! That's now over, and I'm looking for more part time/at home/etc opportunities to help me meet my goal!



Goal 3: Pay off at least $5000 of the principal of our mortgage. We hope to have the house paid off in full sometime in 2012.

Update: As of this writing, we've paid $360.33 towards the principal.

These amounts may seem small in relation to the goals we have, but it's only the first month! I'm excited to see how the year treats us.

Why make goals? Crystal at MoneySavingMom has some excellent reasons here! How are your 2010 goals going?


1 comment:

*Crystal* said...

Great job! You have a plan and your sticking to it. Every little bit moves you closer to attaining your goals.

My 2010 goals
http://savvymommablog.blogspot.com/2010/02/financial-and-personal-goals-for-2010.html