Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spending Fast!

Thanks Rob Lee!

Friends, we are hemorrhaging money! We do this every now and again- a meal out here, something new (but not needed) there, a small trip...spending without thinking. When we do this, we tend to have one bad day...that turns into two bad days, then a week- and then we cringe when we see how much we've spent. Ah well. It happens to the best of us.

We really need to get back on track, especially with the upcoming changes. We've decided to do a month long spending fast- no meals out, no unnecessary items, eating from the freezer/pantry as much as possible. I think it will be an exciting challenge! Come along for the journey this month! :)
What do you do when you get off track?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would try to add up what I've spent, and then see if it's in any way possible to stick to the budget for the rest of the month. Living extremely frugally for a few weeks often gets me back into the right mindset for watching what I spend. Can you do that, or are you too far gone to stick to the budget you've already set for the month?

This Thrifted Life said...

We have also been hemorrhaging money lately! Working on the house and being on the go, combined with high energy bills due to our freezing weather, has been killing us lately. We also like to go on spending freezes occaionally--it's always nice to see a fat deposit in the savings account at the end of a pending fast. Though I find it much easier to do one in the summer as there are so many free activities to keep us busy then.

ConsciouslyFrugal said...

I would like to say that I do something intelligent like you have done and put a halt on spending, but mostly I just freak out, crunch numbers and then eat too much of some crap food and wallow in self-pity.

Ah, healthy coping mechanisms.

Tracy said...

I hate it when that happens, but we try to move on and endeavor to do better next month!