So I'm back, and let me tell you, it feels GREAT to be here.
I've been having a bit of a health odyssey. You may remember the crazy UTI that left me anemic and exhausted. My doctor and I hoped that it was gone...but no.
Let me just tell you how insanely thankful I am that I have decent health insurance. That little bladder infection has become quite the monster. I had to have an CT scan of my kidneys. I had to have extensive blood work. I am going to see a specialist next week to make sure that there's nothing crazy in living in my bladder (A small civilization, perhaps), because this infection has is off the charts. I'm on the same antibiotic given to people who are exposed to anthrax. ANTHRAX! I may have to do IV antibiotics soon. Really, bladder? Must we be so dramatic?
In the mist of all this drama, my doctor discovered that I apparently have a nice case of hypothyroidism, which explains my past year or so. (Tired, cold, tired, tired, grumpy, weight gain that seemed impossible to take off, tired...) I have handy new prescription and a host of exciting follow up visits to look forward to.
I also have shingles. SHINGLES! Like elderly people get. Luckily mine is a mild case, but still. My body must be rejecting the idea of turning 30 and moving right along to 70. Who needs those pesky middle years anyway? ;)
Here's hoping that my new medications and fancy specialist doctor help me become more or less human again soon. This season of my life has been remarkably exhausting, which makes me marvel even more at people who deal with chronic health issues and still manage to say sane.
8 comments:
Bless you honey! Sounds like it's been a real roller coaster! Sending a cyber hug and prayers that things will settle down quickly.
welcome back! sorry for all you've been through. not fun.
if it helps, the only people I've known to get shingles were in their early 30s.... so...umm... you're still too young?!
Good grief! How about I just move you up to the tippy top of my prayer list?
I've been wondering where you were. I just wish your absence were for something like a fabulous vacation, not the Bladder Infection from Hell. Seriously, I'll be praying for you.
The good thing about hypothyroidism, which I also have, is that it's easily managed. One little pill each day, a blood test once or twice a year, and you're good to go. :-)
Thanks for your prayers AnnMarie- I can sure use them!
I'm not so worried about the thyroid issue- compared to the other thing they were worried about (diabetes- which, Thank Jesus, I don't have!) I can handle it. Maybe I'll be able to lose some of this weight once that is under control.
I do want to update more, but I've been so tired that it's all I can do to keep up with my day job. Hopefully I'll be back on a more regular basis soon. I miss blogging more than I thought possible. :)
Thanks Melinda and Sunny! :)
Wow! Thank you for the update. Like Ann Marie I've been hoping you were on a fabulous secret vacation, never dreamed life was treating you so roughly.
Wishing you a speedy recovery, without need for the IV Antibiotics.
Nice blog! I found you on Blog Frog and I must follow you! I hope you get better. Reading this is going to have me rushing to the doc for a check-up.
http://mibargainmom.blogspot.com/
I had shingles when I was in my 30s. I am actually kinda glad because at least it is over with. I recognized it right away and got some antiviral drugs the second the rash popped out.
Good luck with your health, and take care.
Post a Comment