- Know your limits. I'm an introvert, and I had to learn to say no to most parties for my own sanity. I go to parties of good friends and say no to the rest. The world has not ended yet!
- Don't let anybody else dictate what this time of year must mean for you and your family.
- Scale down. What can you let go? Do you hate having a Christmas tree? Don't have one! Does your family enjoy cinnamon rolls from a can? I won't tell! This goes along with not letting others dictate what your holiday should mean/be to you and your family.
- If you're buying new gifts, do your shopping online as much as possible. Many places offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount- take advantage of that! Staying out of the stores this time of year=a much more sane Frugal Homemaker!
- Wrap presents as soon as you bring them home/get them in the mail. Nothing is more stressful than frantically wrapping gifts at midnight on Christmas Eve!
How are you going to stay sane this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment