Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Morning Mention

Happy Monday!

In a Shoe talks about living in a tiny house with a family of 10 (soon to be 11!) Check out Part I and Part II. It can be a tight squeeze, but it can be done!

Keeper of the Home broke down her meals into price per serving. This is a GREAT exercise to do! I've often heard people say that they can do better in fast food because they can get a whole meal for $5 dollars. If they wanted to do the same at home, they to buy $10 worth of stuff. Great, except that the $5 bought one meal, but the $10 makes 12 servings. Which gives you more bang for your buck?

Lots of bloggers are talking about Revolution Money Exchange. I considered doing it for the affiliate links, but decided against it after reading this. Cathy of Chief Family Officer is an attorney and she did not like the fine print of the deal!

We hear a lot about frugal weddings, but how many articles have you seen on throwing a frugal bar mitzvah? Frugal Panda is in the know!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the link! I so agree about the fast food reasoning- Sure, most of my meals cost a little over $5 (but rarely cost $10) to make, but most of them serve at least 4 people as well!

Stephanie @ Keeper of the Home

Kim C. said...

Thanks for the mention. I'm glad you're enjoying the series. Number 3 will be about our floor plan, and I have ideas for at least 7 parts in total, maybe more. Hope you'll come back for more and offer some thoughts of your own.

Chief Family Officer said...

Thanks for the link - I'm glad you found my post useful. Let me just clarify, though, that what I wrote is not a legal opinion or professional advice! It's just that the lawyer in me always has to read the fine print ... :)

Jamie - Family Focused Fun said...

Interesting links!