Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Library Series Part VI

I have not forgotten about the library series! If you're new to my library series, start here.

I have gotten a bit behind on adding the books to my blog though...so this is list is going to be a little bit long. Keep in mind that this was *not* a week's worth of reading- this has been what I've been going through since February. The library has saved me quite a bit this year, and it's only April! Since there are so many books listed this time, I'm going to run my totals on top instead of on the bottom:

Total this library trip: $588.22
Total since 1/26-07: 1174.95

Endgame$11.56

Fahrenheit 451: A Novel$15.64

Here If You Need Me: A True Story$16.31

The Pesthouse$16.47

After$17.89

Teaching Outside the Box: How to Grab Your Students By Their Brains$16.47

Class: A Guide Through the American Status System$11.16

So Many Books, So Little Time $22.95

Out of Sheer Rage : Wrestling With D.H. Lawrence $23.00

Guided Tours of Hell: Novellas $23.00

Snobbery: The American Version $25.00

When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times $18.00

Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic $13.57

Gluttony: The Seven Deadly Sins $17.95

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers $16.29

Waiting to Surface: A Novel $16.47

Suzy Zeus Gets Organized: A Novel (Tin House) $14.36

Winner of the National Book Award: A Novel of Fame, Honor, and Really Bad Weather $23.95

Experience $23.95

The Accidental Mind: How Brain Evolution Has Given Us Love, Memory, Dreams, and God $17.13

In Praise of Slowness: Challenging the Cult of Speed (Plus) $10.17

Get to Work: A Manifesto for Women of the World$10.07

Generation Me: Why Today's Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled--and More Miserable Than Ever Before$11.20

Reading Like a Writer: A Guide for People Who Love Books and for Those Who Want to Write Them $16.29

Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife$11.16

Stolen Words: Forays into the Origins and Ravages of Plagiarism$18.95

We Need to Talk About Kevin: A Novel$25.00

Project X (Alex Awards (Awards)) $20.00

Diary of a Wimpy Kid$7.77

Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Two: For the Small Slow Cooker$18.21

The Twilight of American Culture$11.16

Like Life $18.95

Ruined by Reading: A Life in Books$18.00

The Post-Birthday World: A Novel (P.S.)$10.17

The Debt to Pleasure: A Novel$20.00

4 comments:

Naomi Haverland said...

Do you recommend any?

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Naomi,

Yes! I loved Here if You Need Me, Spook, and Stiff. (both Spook and Stiff are by the same woman.) The Post Birthday World was written in a very intersting way and I enjoyed the story.

Stiff takes a strong stomach, but it is really interesting to see what happens to bodies after they are donated to science. It took me nearly a month to read because I had to take breaks from it, but it was facinating.

Naomi Haverland said...

That's funny, cause Stiff was one of the ones that grabbed my attention. It sounds like one of those books that I would check on of the library, and the rest of my family would think I was wierd for wanting to read it.
My mom thinks it's wierd that I can watch endless episodes of "Forensic Files" and then discuss with my dad the best way to dispose of a dead body. OK maybe I am wierd... don't be worried though.

Naomi Haverland said...

I swear that Blogger adds typos to my comments instantly after I click "publish your comment".