Saturday, June 21, 2008

Inexpensive Party Food

Meredith asks:

Do you have a tried-and-true company meal that fits your budget? I'd love to know what you serve!


I have several party foods, but one of my favorites is beef or chicken burritos. It's super easy but tastes wonderful.

Take a cheap-o cut of beef, or a pound or so of boneless chicken and pop it in the crockpot. Dump a jar of salsa over it and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-7. Shred the meat with a fork.

Then set out tortillas and whatever burrito fixings you like! Serve with a salad, or a side of Spanish rice or refried beans- yum. It's a very stress free guest meal and everybody loves it. The leftovers, if you're lucky enough to have any, make excellent casserole meat.




2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oooh, that's a good one. I'm doing that next!

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Let me know if it works out for you- everybody I've ever served it to has asked how to make it- they're always so surprised at how easy it is! :)