Sunday, January 25, 2009

Eating Like Kings Day 19: Philly Beef Sandwiches

We had a lot of leftover beef, so I made a loaf of artisan bread and we had Philly steak sandwiches! They were open faced and eaten with forks. We each had a container of yogurt and carrot sticks for a side.I forgot to take pictures, but I will be making these again!

Cost Breakdown:

Beef: Leftover from this meal.
Onions: .20 cents
Mushrooms: 1/4 from a markdown pack- .43 cents
Cheese: 1/2 of a sale pack between us: .94 cents
Artisan Bread: .45 cents
Organic Carrot Sticks: .50 cents
Yogurt: .75 cents

Total: $3.27, or $1.09 each. There is still a lot of leftover roast beef that we'll be using over the next few days in other dishes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm living in Philly, and still haven't tried one of these!

Do you make a yogurt dip for the carrots, or are the carrots and yogurt separate sides?