Happy Monday! This week is going to be awesome- I can just feel it in my bones! :)
This post by ABTPBT cracked me up. I've noticed a lot of these "green" things lately and they make me roll my eyes. I'm a certified tree hugger and I'm getting really annoyed with what is being paraded around as "green" these days. Marketing, that's what! *waves cane and yells at kids to get off my lawn*
Modern Tightwad observes that, apparently, the first rule of frugal club is that you don't talk about frugal club.
Modern Gal wonders if personality type has anything to do with frugality. My husband and I are everything on her list except cat people. Strange. I do think that some personalities have an easier time with saving than others, just based on anecdotal evidence. It would be interesting to see if science agrees.
Have a great week!
2 comments:
I love the Modern Tightwad story. I haven't changed my habits much with the recession, but I have been enjoying the openness among my friends and coworkers about financial hints and tips. We're all talking about the coupon bin at the library (thanks to a volunteer, all the Sunday newspaper coupons are neatly clipped and waiting on Monday), or shopping at the Goodwill, and whether or not it's a good time to get back into the stock market.
Talking about when her personal and the larger economy improves, she said "What I will not change is the joy I find in purchasing a quality product at a second hand store, garage sale, or on craigslist. I will also not stop sharing my "great find." I am, however, preparing for a change from raised eyebrows and accolades, to one raised eyebrow with the, "Oh, that's nice." Kind of like the old days."
I hope we don't go back to the old days, and I can still show off my free tank top (just needed some mending!) or brag about my designer jeans bought on eBay for $5, and be met with congrats rather than concern or condescension.
Thanks for the link. I plan to write more on personality types and saving behavior in the future, it is so interesting, and there are more and more studies in the area of behavioral economics.
Post a Comment