Saturday, January 07, 2006

Weekend Plans

Ahhhh...the weekend.

My husband and I are trying to find something fun to do that is inexpensive or (preferably) free. We use the library and stuff like that all the time for these goals. However, we're going to spend time with a friend of ours who already lives here, and frugality is always harder when someone else is involved. In a new town where we have not yet really located cool sources of free entertainment.

I did find out that the zoo admits people for one dollar on Wednesdays in the winter! Which is great. The usual ticket price is nine dollars. But it is not Wednesday, and my husband and our friend are at work on Wednesdays.

There is a dollar theatre here as well. (Cost 2.25, so not really a dollar, but still, cheap for a movie) but there is nothing that we want to see.

We're trying to very rarely eat out this year, which is our vice (but not daily- overall we do eat homemade meals.)

I've found that a lot advertised cheap or free entertainment is aimed at kids or mothers with little kids. Which is great, but the three of us going out today have no children.

Our friend is somewhatlike minded, which helps a lot.

Finding fun and inexpensive things to do in this town will be a challenge! I'm sure there is something, so we just have to find it.

No comments: