Sunday, September 23, 2007

Worth the Time

A scene from my local Dillon's store, earlier today:

Me: *hands over my coupons*

Cashier: *scans them* "Wow...you saved thirty-six dollars."

Yep. It was worth the twenty minutes I spent planning my shopping today.

I hope that everybody is having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG!!!

tammi said...

$36 is quite the paycheque for just 20 minutes of work! I found your blog -- actually, I don't remember anymore how I found it because I've been lurking here for a while already. I love the purpose for your blog. My husband's a HUGE Dave Ramsey fan, so we're trying to live as frugally as we can, too.

Ruthie said...

Don't you love those moments where you can be like "MM hmm, that's right!"

LOL

Rae said...

Couldn't you take this money that you didn't spend and literally save it, perhaps in your $3000 challenge fund?

Catherine at Frugal Homemaker Plus said...

Raven,

That is a GREAT idea.

laughtoomuch said...

Wow WTG ! I love it when cashiers have a look of shock on their face like they think they did something wrong lol. I've actually set up a blog too (www.laughtoomuch.com)where I track my savings and coupon use at the store but you've tracked your savings AND spending ! I think that is great ! That way you can see where all your money is goin !