It's a cold and icy night tonight- the perfect night for a hot meal in the crockpot.
This morning I pulled one of my super bargain roasts out, rubbed it with spices (cumin, garlic powder, salt, and a few other things this time, but you can use whatever strikes your fancy), and wrapped it in foil. It's been in my crockpot all day, making the house smell heavenly! We'll enjoy it with .39 cent a pound sweet potatoes cooked in my clay pot cooker and sautaed zucchini with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan and walnuts. It makes a dreary day more cheerful to know a delicious hot meal is waiting at the end of it!
What's your favorite winter crockpot meal?
4 comments:
Being a mom who works outside of the home I have three crock pots. Thursday evening was my son's winter program at school. I threw my favorite meal in the crock pot so supper would be done asap when we got home, giving us time to get ready for the program.
It was a "bargain roast" with potatoes and carrots. I season mine with a pack of onion soup and two beef boullion cubes.
The only things I ever make in my crock pot at veggie chili and rotel cheese dip. I wish I had more kid friendly veggie crock pot recipes because I do love having dinner a done deal. It's wonderful to walk in the house after a day out and smell your dinner-cooked and waiting for you to eat.
Sounds yummy! I've never wrapped anything in foil in the crockpot before. What does that do?
I love using my crock pot although I don't very often. I also made a roast today - carrots, fennel, onion and roast with a jar of spaghetti sauce poured over it. Serve with Noodles. Our house smelled so fabulous when we got home, not sure why I don't do it more often!
I do not use my crockpot as often as I should.
But I did go ahead and put together some beef stew just now...pieces of beef stew meat, 1/4 c red wine vinegar, 1 onion cut into large chunks, about 6 large potatoes cut up, and a package of baby carrots. Then overtop I dumped in 2 cans of beef broth.
Not sure what else I'll add - I do have a pkg of beef stew powdered mix - but I'm gonna search online first to see if there is something else I can add on my own.
Post a Comment