While my husband and I were out of town, the roommate managed to fix the dryer after all! We're not sure how long it is going to *stay* fixed, but we'll take the $20 part he had to buy over the $100-$400 we would have spent replacing it.
Of course, we're going to start looking for a good deal anyway. We think this may have been a gentle nudge from God to remind us to have forethought and not wait until there is wet, sopping laundry needing to be dried to replace it- we already know the dryer is getting iffy. Best to have a contingency plan in place!
4 comments:
Keep checking Craigslist and the the classifieds. Good deals are possible. I know because I'm about to give someone a really good deal on a fridge, stove, washer, and dryer, all only two years old. Too bad you don't live any closer, I would have been willing to split up the set. :-)
(I'm moving cross-country and have calculated that it will be cheaper to refurnish myself than to move my furniture and appliances).
Maybe God's just giving you a little extra time to save up and be prepared for a new appliance.
I'm glad this is buying you a little extra time to figure out what you want and how much you're willing to pay for it.
Hi,
I found you through themomblogs.
:-) I'm a frugal blogger also. You may want to look into getting the Revolution Money Exchange widget. It's the new PayPal alternative. I have more written at my blog if you want to make the quick $25 plus $10 per referral from your blog with the widget. (to copy the widget you have to use the "edit" button you can't "right" mouse click)
The end date is May 15th for this deal because they are still in Beta.
Anyway, Just a thought. :-)
Post a Comment