When we make major financial decisions, we ignore the fact that we (sometimes) have two incomes. Sometimes that is hard- we could greatly upscale our lifestyle if we tacked on the money I earned to my husband's income. We could live in a bigger house, take fabulous vacations twice a year, both drive brand new cars, wear new clothes, and have a TV we did not get for free from somebody who was upgrading to one of these.
Today I am thankful that I can go to my last day and enjoy the wonderful people who I have come to know rather than panicking about my finances, and the calm and confidence about the future that I am enjoying right now is worth more than any of those things I passed up in the store.
4 comments:
It is so good to hear you say this. Like you I have been living frugally for years and its not always enjoyable and yet there is joy in it. My work may not last as long as I had thought and being a teacher is pretty solid work that normally you can count on. Our corporation is going through a huge downsizing and cut backs. I have a job for this year but year to year is all I can count on. My saved money will see me through any job cuts etc. Thank you for sharing your eperience.
I hope that you enjoyed your last day of work. Good luck with your new job search. Enjoy your time off and the rest of the summer. I really enjoy reading your blog and check in weekly. I look forward to hearing an update on you are doing with paying down the house mortgage etc.
While I am sorry to hear about your layoff, I am a little glad that you'll get to be at home again for a while. You're right; living frugally, even when earning 2 paychecks really does help when the hard times hit. I've been a SAHW for 9 years, and we've survived more than one layoff in that time--without my having to go back to work. It's not always the easy thing to live within or below one's means, but it's so worth it! When you've already put the frugal practices into place, the hard times aren't as bad as they could be.
Best of luck to you in your next endeavor!
Hello
Nice blog dear
Post a Comment