Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 17- Spinach Quiche and Marked Down Salad


Back on track...for awhile anyway! We're all over the yucky cold we've had, but a member of my household has come down with that lovely stomach flu that has been making the rounds. Here's to hoping that one case is the only case we have!

Our latest homemade meal was spinach quiche (no crust) and a bagged markdown salad. I made two quiches so I'd have one to pop in the freezer. They freeze wonderfully, and are delicious warm, cold, and room temperature! The prices listed are for ONE quiche only, plus the salad.

Cost Breakdown

Salad- $1.49
Cooking Spray- .03 cents
can 'o organic mushroom bits- .59 cents on markdown
1 onion- .20 cents
ham- (I used half of a lunch meat package) .30 cents
1 pkg spinach- $1
1 cup cheese .94 cents
1 cup cottage cheese .50 cents (thanks to a manager markdown!)
3 eggs- .36 cents
spices- .05 cents

Total: $5.46, or $1.82 per person.

2 comments:

Amiyrah said...

glad you all are feeling better! I still haven't tried to feed quiche to my mid-western, meat and potatoes husband. Maybe in the summer lol.

Just wanted to give you a heads up: I'm giving away a 25.00 amazon.com gift certificate on my blog. It's a 24 hour giveaway, so I didn't want you to miss out on it before it ends tomorrow afternoon.

I also have week-long giveaways going for CVS, walgreens and Rite Aid. Don't remember if you have any of those near you.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get that stomach flu!

NorahS said...

Glad you are feeling better! I am enjoying this series.