Thursday, April 02, 2009

Bargain Meal of the Week: Ham Edition

Today's bargain meal (From Dillons in the Kansas area) is entirely built around ham. Cook's shank half ham is $1.19/lb. There's a lot you can do with ham- and often, a little bit goes a long way!

Here's my famous Spinach quiche. When I see cottage cheese on markdown or super cheap, I buy it up and freeze it to use in this delicious dish! (The texture of the cottage cheese changes, but it does not matter in this recipe.) We make it both with crusts and without. This dish freezes well!

Beans are inexpensive, healthy, and filling. Add some ham for some soup magic!

Here's a pleasing breakfast casserole featuring ham.

Hungry for more? Head on over to $5 Dinners Bargain Meal of the Week!

1 comment:

Anne Marie@Married to the Empire said...

I bought a ham and cooked it yesterday. Made for a great dinner, plus TONS of extra meat for the freezer. I filled 5 freezer bags with ham for future soups or casseroles. The cats were in heaven over that ham, too!